Monday, August 24, 2009

Big Girl Job

Well I officially started my first big girl job on August 13th. I have been attending meetings, orientations, and trainings up to now for Springfield Public Schools. I have set up my classroom at Cowden which is my home school. I will be at Cowden everyday and at Holland, my second school, only two afternoons. As of right now, I have about 37 kids on my caseload at both schools. I am sure the number will continue to fluctuate for some time. There are three district programs at Cowden this year. I will be seeing all of the kids in these programs for speech and language therapy. The three district programs include two autism programs and one mental retardation program. This year is going to be a challenging one but one I will never forget because it is my FIRST YEAR!! I am excited and feel blessed to have a job and to have one that I think I am going to truly love. I hope to make a difference in all of my kids' lives. Tomorrow is the first day of school for Springfield but I get a week to schedule my therapy groups so I actually will not begin seeing children until around next Wednesday. I am nervous but oh so excited!!!

No comments: