Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A few weeks in and a paycheck

Well school has been in session now for a few weeks and I am finally settling into my role as the speech pathologist at Cowden and Holland. It is going alright; however, it is challenging to say the least. I have around 45 kids that I see twice a week at both of my schools. Half of those children either have autism or mental retardation. Paperwork is a whole other story. I haven't had too much of it yet because it is the beginning of the school year but I know it is going to get more overwhelming with time.

Today I got my first paycheck and boy does it feel good. I quit my graduate assistantship position back in October so I got my last check from MSU in November. I then took loans out to get by my last semester of school before I graduated and of course had help from Jeremy. I had two externships that I worked full-time at during my last semester and didn't get paid a penny for either so it has definitely been a while since I have made some money. I was lucky and blessed to not have to work this summer but rather live off my husband's salary. This is my first check as a professional. It sure feels good to be getting paid!!!

I went to my old roommate Katie's wedding this past weekend. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception. The food was awesome and the live band was a blast! My good friend Lyndsay who I also went to grad school with is getting married in a month in St. Louis. It is truly the season for weddings!!! First me, now all of my friends and then my sister is going to be marrying Brandon in April or May. I sure can't wait till their special day.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the cooler weather. I know I sure am. I love this time of year when the leaves starting changing color, the air is cooler, it becomes hoodie season, and football begins. We are going to a Chiefs game in October and I can't wait!!! Take care and God Bless!!

No comments: