Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sick Sick Sick

I have been working for two months now. Right after school started I got a bad cold that took about three weeks to get over. The first week of October I came down with a stomach virus. Luckily, it was not H1N1 symptoms so I just slept alot and got better on my own.

This past weekend (two weeks after my stomach virus) Jeremy and I went to St Louis for a friend's wedding. On Saturday my throat began to hurt. I woke up Sunday morning to head back home from St Louis and had body aches and a throbbing throat. I went to Urgent Care on Monday morning and was told I had strep throat. I have been out of work for three days now. I am on antibiotics and feeling much better. I will be returning to school tomorrow.

It seems that this first year of working is going to be a rough one. I have been told I will catch everything from the kids my first year of teaching but I didn't think it would really happen. Obviously, my immune system is not built up yet and these kiddos are as sick as ever with colds, strep, flu, and the dreaded H1N1. I am praying that I can get my shot soon and not come down with the nasty flu. I am looking forward to next month and praying that I will be illness-free.

I hope everyone is doing well and not sick like I have been. I am excited to get back to the kids at school.

No comments: