Friday, April 2, 2010

Another blessing



Just a few minutes ago I walked out of my office to come back to two missed calls from my sister. We had emailed today about my baby shower so I was assuming she was calling about that, but she wasn't. She was calling to let me know that she got the job that she had interviewed for last week.

Jessie graduated in December with her degree in Psychology. She was hoping to find a job similar to what she was doing now at the police department (clerical/data entry). A few jobs had come and gone that she had applied for but didn't get to interview for. I know she was getting a little discouraged. She just really wanted a job that she would be good at and that would provide her with full-time hours, benefits, and insurance.

Well today is the day! She got a job as an administrative assistant for the Greene County Public Administrator's Office. I am so proud of her and know that she will do a wonderful job for their department. She said she was sad to have to break the news to her current job at the police department but realizes that they understand her situation. She was limited in the hours she could have there plus she was not receiving any benefits. She starts her new job on Monday. I know my sister is going to be the best administrative assistant their department has ever had!

I love you sis and am so very proud of you. Yeah for more money, full-time hours, insurance, and benefits. You are a BIG GIRL NOW!! Congrats again!

No comments: