Monday, April 26, 2010

Heartbeat

Hearing Hudson's heartbeat is the most amazing thing, well that and feeling him move. We had our last 4 week appointment today. Our appointments now will be occurring every 2 weeks. I am excited that I will get to hear his heartbeat and see how much he is growing every 2 weeks instead of waiting a whole month.

Today at our appointment, I had gained another four pounds from my previous appointment so I am up to 11 pounds total that I have gained from my pre-pregnancy weight. Doesn't seem too shabby to me since most resources at this point say that the average weight gain is like 16-22 pounds. My blood pressure was the lowest and best it has been since I got pregnant. Hudson's heart rate was 150 beats per minute and was louder and stronger than previous times. I just love hearing that sound. I also measured 2 cm ahead but that doesn't mean that he will come early but could possibly be a big baby. At this point, my doctor is just going to monitor it and may possibly do another ultrasound in the 3rd trimester to check his size.

I had many questions for my doctor about medications I can and can't take since I am now suffering from occasional heartburn, seasonal allergies, and some asthma. I have put off taking anything up to this point because I don't want to put anything in my system that could effect Hudson. I have gotten to the point where I can't stand it much longer, and she assured me that the medications she recommended are safe during pregnancy. I made a trip by Walgreens to pick up a few items after our appointment.

I have my glucose test to check for gestational diabetes next week. I am praying that they will tell me everything is normal. It seems I have craved sweets more than most things but then again I crave those things even when I am not pregnant.

I just wanted to update after this appointment. We feel so blessed to be pregnant with our precious baby boy Hudson, and we can't wait to meet him.

No comments: