Friday, July 2, 2010

36 Weeks

One more week and Hudson will be the size of a watermelon. I am 36 weeks today and also had my first weekly doctor's appointment today. My doctor said everything looks good. Hudson was very active, and his heartbeat was 170 beats per minute. I had gained four more pounds from my previous appointment and my blood pressure was great. My doctor checked my cervix for the first time. I am 70% effaced (soft) and not dilated at all. I guess that is a good thing so I can go to the lake the next two weekends since we already made plans to go. ha! Hudson has not dropped yet but is still face down and putting lots of pressure on his mommy. He continues to be very active, and I love feeling him move.

Yesterday was a special day. Mom and I washed and sorted most of Hudson's clothes that we were handed down from friends and family members. It was an exciting time but stressful to think about where it is all going to go in our small house since it still hasn't sold. Thanks mom for all of your help yesterday. Hudson and I both love you so much!

At 36 weeks, Hudson is gaining about an ounce a day. He weighs approximately 6 pounds and is 18.5 inches long (our doc guessed he is 7 lbs right now and will be around 8-8.5 at delivery). He is getting rid of the little hairs that covered his body as well as the waxy substance that protected his skin the past 9 months in the amniotic fluid. Next week Hudson will be considered full-term.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 weeks 0 days
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +20
Maternity Clothes: Yes almost exclusively
Best Moment this week: Washing and sorting all of his baby clothes with my mom
Gender: Boy- Hudson Ray Elliott
Movement: Feel like he has less room to move around but he is still moving and kicking often
Food Craving: ice cream, fruit, sweets, cheez-its, sushi (but not eating sushi, Panera, cheese
What I miss: Not having heartburn/indigestion, being able to paint toes on own or bend down without being uncomfortable, not get up a million times in the night to use the restroom
Sleep: Still pretty good but having to get up to use the restroom or change positions alot more frequently
What I am looking forward to: setting up our dresser and changing table
Belly Button: Starting to poke out but hasn't popped yet
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, Pubic pain, growing belly, using the bathroom constantly, stretch marks, belly button starting to poke out, heartburn/indigestion, swelling in feet and ankles.
Note: Excited for the holiday weekend with my family at the lake!

No comments: