Monday, July 19, 2010

Last appointment???

Well I had a doctors appointment today with one of the nurse practitioners in the office since my doctor is on vacation. This could technically be my last appointment if Hudson was to come on his own in the next few days. The nurse practitioner was super sweet, took her time with me, reviewed my file, and answered all my questions thoroughly.

My blood pressure was great. I have gained 23 pounds total. She said that 25-35 pounds is what they expect most women to gain so I am doing awesome!! Hudson's heart rate was 146 beats per minute. We are definitely making progress from the past few weeks. I was 80% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and he is resting on my cervix. Basically, my hormones need to make my body start contracting or my water needs to break. She said it could be tonight or next week when I am induced......no idea of when he will be here. This is where I just need to be patient and know that he will come when he is ready. No matter what, we know we will have a baby in 10 days or less.

I am becoming more uncomfortable with each night. It is hard to sleep and get comfortable in any position. I am very hot even with the air on 70 degrees and a fan blowing on me on the high speed. I am having to use the restroom at least 4-5 times in the night.

I can't wait to hold my baby boy in my arms and kiss his sweet face. Only a few more days!!!

No comments: