Monday, July 12, 2010

Lake Weekend with Friends



We went down to the lake for the last time before Hudson arrives with Jessica, Brandon, and 4 of our other friends. We got lots of time in the sun and water which was exactly what I needed. AND yes I could still get out of the water back into the boat......it's hard to believe when you see how big my belly has gotten the last few weeks.



On Saturday night, all of us girls headed to the Landing to eat dinner. We went to Garfields and then to Marble Slab Creamery. I loved Garfields as usual and my food was very good. I was not impressed with Marble Slab Creamery at all. We had to wait 45 minutes to get our ice cream and they didn't have brownie as a mix-in unless you paid another $1.50 for it, and it seemed more pricey to me than Cold Stone which we have here in Springfield.



While we were at the Landing, the four guys played poker out on the deck. The guys set out at the table with lights, candles, and tiki torches along with music provided by a boombox/ipod player. Brandon and Jeremy were the first two out, and Jason won the money around 2:00 am. It was a fun but tiring weekend!!

Jeremy and I are hoping that after Hudson arrives we can introduce him to the lake later this summer or early fall, even if that entails us keeping him in the playpen on the dock or in the cabin. He will definitely love growing up around the lake just like I have these past 26 years. I sure do love our lake place!!

No comments: