Today is the 30 week mark! I can't believe that we have approximately 10 weeks left until we meet our baby boy. Hudson is super active flipping, rolling, and kicking in my belly. It is such a great feeling! He has not caused me any pain yet from his kicks. I am still experiencing some back, pubic, and upper leg pain but that comes and goes and is not constant. I have had alot of indigestion and heartburn lately so tums are my best friend right now.
My staff at Cowden had our baby shower on Wednesday. Casey, our counselor is also pregnant and is due 5 days after me so we had a joint shower. It was nice and we got so many wonderful gifts. I have 6.5 days left of school for this year. I can't believe it is almost over and summer is here. I am not doing summer school so I will have from June 2 until after my maternity leave is over until I go back to work. This first year has been a good one that has gone by fast but a stressful one at that. I am looking forward to being able to relax the last few months of my pregnancy before Hudson gets here.
At 30 weeks, Hudson is around 15.7 inches long and weighs approximately 3 pounds. There is around a pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounding him at this point in the pregnancy but this volume will decrease as he gets bigger and there is less room. Hudson's eyesight is still developing. His vision is not very good right now and after he is born he will continue to keep his eyes closed for much of the day. When Hudson is born, his eyesight will be around 20/400 (normal adult is 20/20) so he can only see a few inches from his face.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 30 weeks 0 days
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +11
Maternity Clothes: Yes almost exclusively
Best Moment this week: Our baby shower at work
Gender: Boy- Hudson Ray Elliott
Movement: Hardest it has been
Food Craving: ice cream, fruit, cheez-its, sushi (but not eating sushi, Panera, cheese
What I miss: Sleeping through the night and not experiencing pain
Sleep: Still pretty good but having to get up to use the restroom or change positions.
What I am looking forward to: Being out of school and being able to relax the last few months of my pregnancy
Belly Button: In but looking more and more like it may pop out
Symptoms: Pubic, upper leg, and back pain, growing belly, using the bathroom constantly, stretch marks, and heartburn/indigestion.
Note: Still want Brandon to feel Hudson move. My sister and Brandon return from their honeymoon tomorrow and I can't wait to see them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment