Thursday, May 6, 2010
Stomach flu is miserable....
.........when you are pregnant. It's not pleasant anytime but way worse when you are. I found that out starting at 4:00pm on Monday. I worked a full day and felt ok besides the usual tiredness. I came home and was sick between 4pm and 6am on Tuesday morning. Between those times, I was up almost every hour throwing up or running the the bathroom. It was amazing to me how bad it made my stomach hurt.....probably because I haven't been using those muscles in the last 7 months. I had a low grade fever until Tuesday afternoon, body aches, chills/sweats, and talked to Labor and Delivery twice. Hudson was going crazy moving and turning in my stomach but never once did I have a contraction although I was worried and that is why I called. I did worry that if I couldn't hold down any liquid on Tuesday I would have to be admitted for IV's. Luckily, I ate a little soup and had lots of sprite and water on Tuesday so I didn't end up in the hospital I stayed home from work on Tuesday and Wednesday to catch up and get back to myself. My sister and Jeremy also stayed home Tuesday and were both sick as well. We had to have caught the bug at church or Target on Sunday. Brandon was the only lucky one to escape the terrible flu. I am back at work today but boy am I still exhausted. I am looking forward to feeling back to my old self!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Aw! I'm sorry you don't feel good. I had a stomach flu when jeffrey was just a few months old and it was miserable. It was my first day home with him after I resigned my position at work and I spent the day in the bathroom. My cousin watched him for me bu I was exclusively nursing him at the time so I would feed him then hand him off to my cousin so she could take care of him. Ugh! It was awful. Hang in there!
Post a Comment