There is no new fruit comparison this week so our baby Hudson is still the size of a honeydew melon.
I am 34 weeks today. I am feeling pretty good although requiring alot more naps at this point in the pregnancy. Luckily, I am out of school for the summer and have the ability to do so. I am also experiencing swelling in my ankles and feet. In the morning, it seems to be pretty good but by noon or the evening my feet look pretty fat. I have also not been able to put them up as much as I would like so this could be contributing to the swelling. My belly is continuing to grow and I feel bigger with each week. My wonderful sister came over last night to paint my toes for my showers because I no longer can reach my feet very comfortably. Thanks sis! I am still having heartburn and indigestion depending on what I eat so I am still taking Tums when needed.
At 34 weeks, baby Hudson weights approximately 4 3/4 pounds and is around 18 inches long. His fat layers which he will use to help regulate his body temperature once out of the womb are filling him out. This is making him appear more round. His skin is also smoother than it has been the entire pregnancy. Hudson's central nervous system and lungs are continuing to mature with each week in the womb. If he was born between 34 and 37 weeks which is considered preterm he would likely be fine and likely just have a few short-term health issues due to being born early.
We made a purchase on Monday for Hudson. It is a new Nikon advanced point and shoot camera. We really like it so far but are still trying to figure out all of the settings. We had a nice point and shoot but wanted something more high tech that we could get GREAT pics of our baby boy once he gets here.
We also had a baby shower today at Jerm's work. It was very nice with food, a cake, and presents. I am thankful for all of our co-workers that gave us showers, bought Hudson gifts, and gave their time for us! We have our infant CPR class tomorrow and then I have my family and friend shower after that and am looking forward to seeing many people that I haven't seen in a while. My next doctor's appointment is on Monday. I will update after the appointment on how things are going!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 34 weeks 0 days
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +16
Maternity Clothes: Yes almost exclusively
Best Moment this week: Feeling Hudson move and dance inside of me during the concert
Gender: Boy- Hudson Ray Elliott
Movement: Feel like he has less room to move around but he is still moving and kicking often
Food Craving: ice cream, fruit, sweets, cheez-its, sushi (but not eating sushi, Panera, cheese
What I miss: Not having heartburn/indigestion, being able to paint toes on own or bend down without being uncomfortable
Sleep: Still pretty good but having to get up to use the restroom or change positions about 3-4 times a night.
What I am looking forward to: Family and Friend shower on Saturday
Belly Button: Starting to poke out but hasn't popped yet
Symptoms: Pubic pain, growing belly, using the bathroom constantly, stretch marks, belly button starting to poke out, heartburn/indigestion, swelling in feet and ankles.
Note: Love my baby and my husband so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment