Still no new fruit comparison until week 37 so Hudson remains the size of a honeydew for a few more weeks.
We are now 35 weeks. It is crazy to me that he could be here anytime if he decided to come early. We have thought the entire pregnancy that we were 2 weeks ahead of what the first ultrasound revealed so we will see. I can definitely tell that Hudson is head down (which u/s told us about a month ago) and that he is moving lower into my pelvis. I know this because I am having alot more pressure and many more times of having to go to the restroom throughout the day and night. I am also experiencing more Braxton Hicks contractions which I didn't think I was having until my last doctor's appointment. I asked my doctor if it is common not to have them at all in your pregnancy because at that point I hadn't felt anything that made me think I was having them. She told me I probably was having them but didn't notice them and then she told me to lie back while she listened to his heartbeat and come to find out I was having one right there on the table. My stomach was super hard and I had some pressure but that was it. I guess I have been experiencing them longer than I have known. I am feeling pretty good. I am still having some swelling in my feet and ankles but nothing too bad. Heartburn has appeared to be a little better this week but it could be that I am watching what I eat.
My godmother had my family and friend baby shower last Saturday. We got so many wonderful things from everyone. Some of the bigger things we got included: our bedding, glider, highchair, pack n play, and travel system with the car seat and stroller. The gifts were so nice and we feel so blessed! I feel like we are set in terms of what we need for Hudson. The only problem now is that all of the stuff is being stored at my parent's house and we need to sell this house and buy a new one before I can set up his nursery. I am needing to nest and I am not able to because our house hasn't sold. I look forward to the day when I can set everything up in his room with Jeremy and wash and hang each outfit we have received for our little guy.
At 35 weeks, Hudson is over 18 inches long and weighs approximately 5 1/4 pounds. He doesn't have much room to maneuver anymore which is probably why his movements have changed. It seems his kicks aren't as hard and that when he does move his legs it feels more like he is skimming my stomach instead of punching it. Hudson's kidneys are fully developed now and his liver can process some waste products At this point, most of his physical development is complete! He will continue to put on weight over the next few weeks.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 35 weeks 0 days
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +16
Maternity Clothes: Yes almost exclusively
Best Moment this week: Getting lots of wonderful gifts for Hudson at the shower and touring labor and delivery and mother's unit at our lamaze class
Gender: Boy- Hudson Ray Elliott
Movement: Feel like he has less room to move around but he is still moving and kicking often
Food Craving: ice cream, fruit, sweets, cheez-its, sushi (but not eating sushi, Panera, cheese
What I miss: Not having heartburn/indigestion, being able to paint toes on own or bend down without being uncomfortable, not get up a million times in the night to use the restroom
Sleep: Still pretty good but having to get up to use the restroom or change positions alot more frequently
What I am looking forward to: the lake this weekend
Belly Button: Starting to poke out but hasn't popped yet
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, Pubic pain, growing belly, using the bathroom constantly, stretch marks, belly button starting to poke out, heartburn/indigestion, swelling in feet and ankles.
Note: Can't wait to meet our little man!
I have my next appointment a week from today and she will be checking my cervix for the first time so that should give us a better idea at where I am at. I will update after that appointment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment