
I am 19 weeks today and feeling great. I have been feeling the baby move a little more lately but still nothing super regular. One night this past week the baby kicked really hard down low a few times which was exciting. I have lots of energy and feel as if I can eat anything in sight. I am still trying to eat healthy so my weight gain is not more than it should be. The biggest and most exciting news is that we get to find out next Friday, at 20 weeks, whether we will be buying pink or blue. I still don't have a feeling either way so we will just have to wait and see what the ultrasound says. Hopefully Baby Elliott will be cooperative for the tech doing the ultrasound and we can get a good picture. I am getting anxious for all of the nice weather. I love to be outside so I am ready for the cold weather to move on out. I have bought my first batch of maternity clothing (which is short sleeve) and my bump is continuing to get larger.
For 19 weeks, our baby is 6 inches long and weighs approximately 8.5 ounces. The baby's hair is beginning to sprout on his or her head. The brain is also developing areas for the senses- taste, smell, hearing, vision, and touch. Many people indicate that this is the time that your baby can begin to hear your voice so you should begin to sing, talk, read, or play music for your baby. There is also a protective coating around the baby now that protects their skin from the amniotic fluid.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 19 weeks 0 days
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +4
Maternity Clothes: Just a few tops but wearing all of my pants still.
Best Moment this week: Scheduling our ultrasound and hearing our baby's heartbeat again
Gender: Find out March 12th
Movement: Yes but still not super regular
Food Craving: everything.....pizza, guacamole, sweets
What I miss: Nothing
Sleep: It's becoming more difficult to become comfortable but still sleeping sound.
What I am looking forward to: Finding out what we are having and more regular movement from the baby.
Belly Button: In
Symptoms: Lots more energy, some ligament pain, itchy and dry skin
Note: Enjoying seeing my tummy grow and ready to know what Baby Elliott is.

No comments:
Post a Comment