Friday, March 19, 2010

21 Weeks......Our banana



We are 21 weeks now. I am feeling wonderful and just loving every minute of being pregnant. I know I said that in my last post too but it's so amazing how wonderful you can feel after all of the morning sickness passes. I have lots of energy and am excited to feel Hudson's every move. With each week, Hudson is becoming more active! Jeremy has only felt him once, but I am hoping that with a little more time he will be able to feel him regularly too. I am also experiencing some heartburn but it's nothing that I can't handle.

We are in Tampa for the next four nights on vacation but I still wanted to get my weekly post up and update with a picture. I am definitely growing!! I am very thankful for the vouchers we were given from our wedding/honeymoon that helped make this trip possible. We are thrilled to have some time off work to just spend with each other to relax. As my cousin said today in a text, this is our babymoon. ha! Definitely the last trip before we have our baby boy in our arms.

At 21 weeks, our baby boy is approximately 10.5 inches long and weighs around 12.7 ounces. He gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid a day to keep himself hydrated and provide him with nutrition. This gives him practice at swallowing and digesting. Taste buds are intact at this time and are working. Studies have shown that babies, after birth, often prefer tastes they have had from the amniotic fluid and what their mother has eaten during pregnancy. Movements of the baby change from flutters to actual kicks and nudges. Hudson's eyebrows and lids are present now.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 21 weeks 0 days
Total Weight Gain/Loss: unsure.....last appt was +4 but am sure I have gained some more.
Maternity Clothes: Pants are beginning to not fit well so I bought a pair of maternity jean capris for our FL trip.
Best Moment this week: Feeling Hudson move more each day.
Gender: Boy- Hudson Ray Elliott
Movement: More regular and harder
Food Craving: anything
What I miss: Sleeping through the night without having to get up to use the restroom or switch positions because I am uncomfortable.
Sleep: Tossing and turning alot more to get comfortable. Need to buy a body pillow.
What I am looking forward to: Buying the crib, dresser, and changing table when we get back from our trip.
Belly Button: In
Symptoms: Lots more energy, some ligament pain, growing belly, using the bathroom constantly, and heartburn.
Note: Enjoying talking to our baby and being able to call our baby by name

No comments: